Tuesday 11 February 2014

Poem - Best "dress"ed stains!

 

Is there somebody out there who has got a minute
Can you spare a few seconds for me in it?

I am not here to regale you with a tale of guts and glory.
I know I am nothing but a fleeting character in your life's story.

You need to go?  You don't really have a minute?
No, no..No problem at all, go on.  You have your own problems infinite.

I've got this feeling, you'll always be dreaming.
Take yourself easy, you're always believing. 

You go on while I sit here lost among my own kind.
Thoughts will soon swarm and cover my mind.

Some of us are only babies till we are born; adults the minute we start breathing.
I would love to lock my life away, but I am afraid there is nothing worth stealing.

I have everything that someone else does not,
But greediness for what I lack drives my heart to rot.

I'm only human, I am full of mistakes.
Is it my fault that I am looking out of my window for a better place?

You tell me I am wrong to look for the greener pasture on the other side,
But where I am, there is no grass, not even a small fig leaf for my shame to hide.

I have wrestled with this life till I have broken down and cried.
Don't celebrate my war cause it will only make you feel jaded.

Bent, broken and a grovelling servant to the corporate beast,
Heart still beating, legs still pumping, moving forward with my eyes on the end line feast.

No... "It is false what you say", I am told; "With me you will beautifully grow old".
So I ask her to stand herself by me and together we fall free....

It seems to get better as we fall; Our closed eyes see the true value of "nothing"s.
Together we go on as the king and queen of imagining things!

I had nothing before, so there was nothing to lose.
I have nothing and you now, so with life I now call a truce.

So here I am dear stranger, to welcome you to the storm.
The lifelong struggle to match you neighbor is now life's new norm.

When the drinks and drugs start to fade away,
Understanding sets in, the fight for survival is the only way.

Fight alone, or find someone to trudge along with you for the long haul.
Struggle hand in hand until death's last call!!

Oh, what I wouldn't give to go back to the start!
Where the most painful thing was a skinned knee, not a broken spirit and crushed heart!!

My innocence has been slain, the heart now for her only is still beating.
So together upward we float, from our downward fall, like helium, we have no ceiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment