Wednesday 31 July 2013

Live to ride!

Everyone seems to find it weird for some reason that i ride and drive relatively long distances, either with my wife or alone. This got me thinking as to why I am so addicted to the ride/drive, now more than ever. Is it because after the amazing bullet crash of '09 i haven't been able to ride for the past 4 years and now that I am back on the saddle, there is no getting down...or is it because I love to have the moniker "Rider" and call myself as part of some bike club or the other...I realized it wasn't either of these reasons.

I ride to keep the demons at bay. I ride cause the monsters are not under my bed, but up in my head and every once in a while when i open the visor to let the wind blow on my face it feels like these monsters fly away.

I ride cause for those few precious moments when the road ahead is empty and the loudest silences engulf me, I feel on top of the world. No one to report to and I am the boss of myself. Just a man and his machine.

I ride cause on the road I sculpt my destiny, I am the architect of my own destruction. Contrary to popular belief, no one else can cause your accidents other than you. There is no excuse for a crash unless you were blindsided and mowed down.

I ride cause every minute on the bike makes me appreciate the smallest things in nature and how one small stone or one passing dog can cause my death, the transience of life sets in on India's open roads.

I ride cause out there inside the confines of my helmet, I am the next airtel super singer/Indian Idol. I can sing and scream as loud as i want, letting it all flow and no one is any wiser about the crazy guy just letting all the frustration blow away.

I ride back from work and even though i get stuck in the worst of traffic jams, those few minutes of the empty stretches to make up for the hours of waiting feel like they are worth it.

And mainly I ride cause in a world where everyone and everything is designed to make a MAN out of you, this is the one place where i can let the boy loose, the boy who ran up to every visitor who came to his house asking to take their bike for a round, the boy who fought,begged and brought the house down for his first bike, the boy who made regular trips to palamathi and amirthi just for the ride...(and also for other reasons, but that's another story)........

I ride because that is where i find peace...It is meditative and trust me you will never feel closer to god than when you are doin 100 plus in the rain and you dodge a bull that you just realised was there......

I ride cause this is the most economic and currently financially viable adrenaline rush (the flying metal tube death traps are a bit costly foe a regular fix) I can get. Nothing can beat that feeling of Just escaping knocking or heavens door or kicking down hells gates.

I ride cause here , on the road I learn the everyday life lesson that i can dodge obstacles and 
keep moving on...


I ride cause any other high close to this is illegal in this country..

I ride cause the taste of cold water after a long ride on a hot day is the best thing you can ever taste...

So here is to every boy and his bike...the one true friend out there on the lonely road..... RIDE SAFE!

Burn rubber, Not your soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment